Subject: [amos-list] Re: Internet gaming
From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:40:20 +0000

From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>

Hi Everybody,

>> What I'd like to know, though, is are there any current extensions
>> for AMOS which will allow Internet gaming?
> 
> The GUI extension should be able to do the job with the TCP
> commands.

   The problem is not communication across TCP, its actually writing
the protocall the game uses to communicate with its self:

   I tried rigging bomberblaster to run between two Amigas over a
serial cable. It actually worked, until someone set a bomb off and the
whole thing suddenly slowed right down, got totally out of sync and
filled the serial buffer.  

   Does anyone have any ideas? The only net protocall I've been able
to do is SerialPaint, a very simple protocall indeed.

See ya.
-- 
       Manta Soft  -  Amiga programing & web page designing
          Http://mantasoft.aio.co.uk/      ICQ: 21829166
         Homepage updated 1/7/99 --- James Bond, Out Now!
  - ------------------- Quote of the day: -------------------- -
Men get hiccups more often than women.
--The Miscellanea Digest

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

What is "FRIENDS & FAMILY?"
http://www.onelist.com
It�s a new program at ONElist.  See homepage for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html